Monday, December 5, 2011

Bungee Scotland

To be honest, when my husband proposed the idea of bungee jumping on our most recent vacation to Scotland, I was less than impressed. I had been enjoying my relaxing evening at our Short breaks Scotland hotel when he approached me with such an idea.
Why would I want to throw myself off of a bridge, while being attached to a giant elastic band? Furthermore, why would I pay someone to allow me to do something like this? I do not think that my arguments really sunk into his head, as he persisted that it was the chance of a lifetime. It seemed as though I was pretty much being forced into this situation.

Not wanting to be a wet towel on our vacation, I reluctantly agreed to partake in such an activity, although the though nearly made me sick to my stomach. I had done activities such as this before: rock climbing, hang gliding, and even white water rafting, but I always needed that initial push to get me going. To be honest, looking back on all of these events, I enjoyed them very much. Yet, the lead up to all of them had me terrified. It was as though my husband knew that I would eventually come around, as he knew exactly which buttons to push to convince me.

Finally, the day had arrived to depart from our comfy Hotel breaks Scotland. The drive to the site was about 45 minutes, but it felt like eternity. They strapped me in, but I could barely move. It felt as though my entire body was resisting, which is probably a natural reaction in such circumstances. Then I did it! It was amazing. I am truly thankful that I went through with this activity, as I learned so much about myself that day. I also thank my husband for pushing me at times when he knows I truly will thank him later.

No comments:

Post a Comment