Monday, January 16, 2012

No Clubbin' to be Found

Typically, I tend to shy away from the idea of night clubbing. I don't know why I am thinking about this idea, but I think it was the result of staying in one of those amazing Hotel breaks Scotland last weekend. Yet, even in my youth, I often decided to spend my time in small little venues, rather than those with loud music and teens dancing to the wee hours of the morning.
Yet, I can understand the attraction of it, though it was not my cup of tea, so to speak. I find conversing with friends and those around me a much more rewarding night out than getting down and crazy to the newest beats. I think it all stems back to a bad experience I had when I was growing up. This particular incident involved two males competing for a particular female in a well known night club; I know it sounds quite primitive, yet it happens all the time. Of course a fight broke out, as this was the most rational method that these two could figure out at the time to solve the issue.


This turned me off of clubs forever. Why would I want to be surrounded by such people acting in such primitive ways? I am not saying that all people in the club are like this, in fact I have several well educated friends that frequent the club regularly. Yet, there always seems to be one or two individuals that always resort back to their primitive ways.

While in Scotland, I stayed at one of those fancy Balmoral castle hotels, renowned for a very good reason I must say. Needless to say, there were no clubs in this cozy little town. Yet, it was full of unique pubs, and great people

No comments:

Post a Comment